IPE wood decking has an extremely dense and tight grain. The grain of IPE wood can be both wavy and straight. The color of IPE heartwood is a rich brown with red and amber hues. Due to the wood's fine texture and interlocking grain, IPE offers superior slip resistance.
- Provide extreme insect resistance
- Stays cool because it doesn't absorb heat
- Repels wood rot & decay
- Holds up under extreme traffic & heavy use
- Resists mold & fungus
- Outlasts composite materials
- Resists scratches & slivers
- Has increased slip resistance from interlocking grain
IPE Products and Sizes
Ipe is a wood of extremes: extremely dense and durable, as well as extremely difficult to work. Its incredible hardness and strength make it well suited for decking applications.